January is the month of new beginnings. Whether we’ve made New Years Resolutions or just entered the year with great intentions, we feel a sense of hopefulness that comes with a fresh start. Doesn’t it feel like the first day of school or the first day of baseball season? We start the year undefeated.
So how do we maintain our optimism and eagerness about our goals throughout the year? Here’s my strategy:
- Break my larger goals (like completing my coaching certification) into smaller milestones that I can celebrate along the way.
- Hang out with people who have similar goals.
- Celebrate where I am each day. I don’t have to wait to achieve my goal to celebrate the progress I made today.
- Be happy in the moment along the journey.
- Get a coach to support me and help hold me accountable. (Yes, even coaches have coaches.)
So what’s your strategy for celebrating your goals on December 31st ?